Saturday, March 8, 2008

Windy!!!!!!!!

WOW! Was today windy!! If the wind had fingers, it would have ripped the hair right off of your head today! It came courtesy of a front that brought much needed rain yesterday. It was very nice to see water standing in our ditch!

We had AWANA Olympics today. Mom and I went to see the twins in the Sparks Olympics and then left. When we turned onto Penny Road, we noticed a large sheet of tin had been ripped from the shed roof. She and I went out there to secure it before it blew into the road. Well, I tried to bring it to the metal building, but when I started up the ditch embankment, a strong gust of wind came along and almost ripped it from my hands. Both ends started flapping and eventually one end just folded over. I was struggling to keep my hold on it. After that gust subsided, I started walking again when another gust came along again. I just stopped trying to go much further and Mom and I put it under a bench with a wooded pallet we found on the wind-exposed end to keep it from folding up. We will take it down to the shed later.

Mom told me that Brittany came today. She seems to really like the new suet. She flew off with a large chunk of it in her talons. I missed it because I was eating sushi (YES! Sushi!). It was really very good, and I will eat it again when I have the chance.

I left my last posting with a hope for a rant-filled new one. Well, I only have a mini rant for today--bad drivers! I wish people really understood this simple sentence...Pay Attention!!!!! I was going to a friend's house today and was in a line of cars. All of the sudden, I had to break quickly because the first car in line decided at the last minute to turn left and had to wait for traffic. We were already creeping because of said driver! The guy behind me and the swerve to the side of the road so as not to smack me in the rear! I am thankful he was paying attention! Everyday I am on the road, people are paying attention to other things or what's on their minds and not on their driving. (Actually, this is the case for most things, not only driving, but that's another rant.) Now, I will be the first to admit that I am not the perfect driver, but I do try to not cause a problem by not concentrating on what I am doing behind the wheel. If only I could smack the inattentives! (I think I just coined a new noun!)

I hope everyone has a blessed day!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

SUSHI??? Well, you are just getting out and about now, huh? Wondered where you were yesterday afternoon.

Yes, drivers everywhere are not paying attention... so annoying. Of course, I have done my share of stupid things in a vehicle so I will not comment further.