Sunday, March 23, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Today was a very nice day. The sun was shining, and the day was slightly warm with a cool breeze. Most importantly was the fact that today we celebrated Christ's triumphant victory over death, sin, and the grave by rising from the dead after giving His life for me. Doesn't that just give you chills when you think about it? The God of all voluntarily gave His life for a worthless wretch that deserved nothing but to be cast into the pit of hell forever. Now with His victory, I will live with Him forever in the place He is now preparing for me! Isn't that worth shouting over??!! The only think that comes to my mind now is the chorus from I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe

Surrounded by Your Glory
What will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you, Jesus,

Or in awe of You be still?

Will I stand in Your presence

Or to my knees will I fall?

Will I sing hallelujah?

Will I be able to speak at all?

I can only imagine.
I can only imagine.


What a day that will be!!!

Some of the most pleasurable moments in my life have been simple. They have ranged from food, ie Hershey's Special Dark, a piece of GOOD cheesecake (not the kind in a box!), or a tall glass of horchata de coco, to reading a good book by my favorite authors (Thoenes, Michael Phillips, Ted Dekker, Jack Cavanaugh, et al). Each moment is meant to be savored for what is it--simple, enjoyable, and all yours!

Today's simple pleasure was finally being able to capture Brittany on camera! So as not to steal the thunder from my sister, you can see these pictures on her blog. She has been waiting and trying for several weeks to no avail until today! What was really funny about the whole episode was that Wesley came into the dining room while we were still eating lunch to tell us that Brittany was eating the suet. We all basically left the table as one and quickly but quietly went into the sun room to see her. Kellie had to take the pictures with the camera in her hand because she hadn't set up her tripod yet. I think, in retrospect, that it turned out better that way because Kellie was able to sneak up to the window while Brittany was eating to get some nice closeups! We all watched her rip at the suet and eat it for several minutes until the American Crows (Corvus brachyrhynchos) came along. I think she was also a bit frustrated with the suet because it was still mostly frozen! She had already consumed most of the ham fat that we had put out and was trying without much success to eat the suet. The crows just "pushed her over the edge", so to speak! LOL After she flew off, we all returned to the table to finish eating lunch! Yes, I know, it doesn't take much to entertain the Franks LOL, but then again, it's the simple pleasures...

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

I agree... the shots did turn out better with me hand holding the camera. The Lord's timing, not mine, huh!??

And for what Christ did for me... I, too, can only imagine what it will be like to see Him face to face. What a glorious day this has been to remember the sacrifice He gave for ME!!

Life's simple pleasures. Yes...

Sal Cartusciello said...

Yes, to day is a special day, and yes, it does give you chills to think about what Jesus did for us.

Hershey's Special Dark, good man.

Glad you and Kellie had a nice family holiday with your parents.