Friday, March 14, 2008

Get Out of my Way!!!

Happy Friday to everyone! Today was a wonderful day just for that reason alone. Not that I am wishing my life away, but sometimes you just can't wait for the weekend! We had a cookout at work today to celebrate reaching some milestone that I was unaware we were trying to reach. (I am the workplace "morel mushroom"--kept in the dark and fed a daily load of detritus.) I chose the grilled pork chop, which was very tasty! The meal was very nice until I got to the dessert. I chose the German chocolate cake (store bought, naturally) and thought to myself while trying to get it down that I could do a whole lot better job! After lunch, I was again bombarded with several things to do and didn't seem to get anywhere. When I left work (a little late!), I was just ready to get home...

Well, on the way home, everybody and their first cousin was between me and my destination. The traffic wasn't that bad as far as a lot of cars on the road, but the ones that were out there were really, really stomping on my last nerve. I have a love/hate relationship with Atlantic Avenue at times. Along it's stretch, the speed limit alternates between 35 and 45 mph. Well, I have come to the conclusion that most people that travel along that path can't read. They go 35 the whole way and use both lanes doing it! I try to move around them, but the next guy does more of the same. And this afternoon of all afternoons, there was a scooter bike (or whatever you call them) in the right lane! And during the downtown segment of today's homeward journey, I was behind a person that thought the speed limit was 25 and not the posted 35. I could have made ALL the lights in one fell swoop if I could have maneuvered around him before I was able to. The saddest part of the journey, however, is the fact that when I get to the "country" roads, it's still full of cars, cars, and more cars. Do they not know that Penny Road is made for moving????

Speaking of scooter bikes, am I the only one that gets tense behind them?? I think that the people who drive them should pay a special road tax to that the state can build "scooter bike lanes". Therefore, when said individuals get out on the road, they can use ONLY those lanes and leave the "big" lanes for the vehicles that can actually travel the posted speed limit. Not that I am opposed to using them for saving gas, better for the environment, etc, but do they have to cause a mobile traffic jam every time they get on the road??

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I will be counting birds as my time for Project Feederwatch winds down for the year. After three more count periods, I will stop feeding seed until next fall. Maybe the geese will find another spot for a free meal. But I am sure Wesley and Mikayla will miss being on Goose Patrol!

Have a blessed day...

No comments: