Thursday, March 13, 2008

Two Men and a Mom

Whew!!!!! I am glad it's finally finished. My dad and I have been moving furniture all week long after work! A friend of ours was putting down new carpet and linoleum and Mom was having new carpet put down in the den. We had to move furniture around all week. Tonight we finally moved the last of the furniture back into the den with Mom making the necessary changes in the layout of the room. It was nice to feel the new carpet under bare feet!

I have struggled all week long with the time change. It's like having jet lag from taking a trip to Texas without being able to see the Chisos Mountains in Big Bend National Park and missing the Colima Warbler (Vermivora crissalis) for the 100th time. (Yes, I have been to Big Bend and I really did miss seeing the Colima Warbler even though my friend saw it very clearly!) I hope to be more adjusted come this weekend. This week has just been looonnnggg!!

Today was a very busy at work. It seems as if every store had problems with their freight order, whether in being short some items or their packing lists not posting to their inventory. A couple of people were out today which added to the burden. On top of that, I started placing orders for some of the stores that would be going to one of the big national accounts that we now have. They were very large orders! It took me an hour to key each order! I am glad I only have to do two at a time or I wouldn't have time for my "regular" work.

Sometimes I really get tired of being the person that is supposed to have all the answers for every questions. Sometimes I want to yell "I DON'T KNOW!!!" or ask "Why are you asking me such a moronic question??????!!!!! Do I not have a lot better things to do with my time?". But then I start thinking that God gave me a good mind and I need to use it. Also, I guess there needs to be someone that can lead the "blind" around because they would be in a peck of trouble if there wasn't. But who knew there could be so many people that need someone to think for them?????? Are we still in kindergarten??? Do they need their hands held when they need to potty???? OK, OK...I'll stop...

For now :-)

I guess that will be all for this rant. I hope everyone has a blessed day. By the way, Brittany is eating fat like there's no tomorrow! Is she feeding chicks????

No comments: