Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cheesecake

Today I feel inspired to talk about cheesecake. To me, this wonderful confection is the epitome of dessert-dom. What better way to finish off any meal than with a large slice of cheesecake? I can think of none. (Of course, I would never be talking about a fake "cheesecake" from a box! Those fakes do not even register on my "cheesecakeometer"!)

To sing the praises of cheesecake, I will use several adjectives that always come to my mind when I ponder its charismatic characteristics.

1) Look--When my eyes first behold this dessert, they light up as if I had my finger stuck in a socket. The smoothness of the top and the thickness of the pie send shivers of expectation up and down my spine with anticipation.

2) Taste--There has never been a cheesecake that hasn't sent a cavalcade of flavor trotting across my taste buds . From the classic to butter pecan, no variety is off limits. Each one has it's own distinct flavor, but there is always that taste of cheese that brings it home.

3) Feel--For me, the texture of cheesecake is best summed up as a creamy, velvety, dense piece of heaven that has a contrasting crunch from the crust. Nothing takes me away more than the cool caress of a perfect bite of cheesy goodness on my tongue.

Not only do I love eating them, I also love to make them. I have made several over the years and realize that they are not really hard to make. They do take time, but most of that time is spent letting it come to it's full, and very real, state of potential ecstasy on a plate.

Now I need to make one!!! Hmmm...which one do I choose????

No comments: