Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update

I know that you, my avid reader fans, have been chomping at the bit to get an update on my everyday life. It's been riveting action and crazy melodrama all around. There is never a dull moment in the Franks family daily life.

The ongoing saga of my vehicle never seems to end. Earlier this summer, I had to have the battery replaced. Two weeks ago, I was trying to leave work, but the engine failed to crank. I had to have it towed to the shop that was actually able to get my "new" engine working properly. I will never return to the place that installed the engine. Total incompetence. After test and such, the fuel pump was bad and had to be replaced. I picked it up, payed out more money, and drove it for almost 2 weeks. This past Monday, I filled up with gas. When I tried to leave the station, it wouldn't crank again!!! I tried several times to no avail. I had to have it towed again!! I am glad that the tow-truck driver wasn't as chatty as the last one. I was in no mood to hear lips flapping. As things turned out, it seems to have been just a relay and I didn't have to fork over any more Georges. For the rest of the week, everything has been fine with it. Stay tuned...

Rolly and Molly, Daisy and Duke, and the rest of the gang have returned. During their absence, they seem to have learned a thing or two. They don't arrive when Dad is here because his "Goose Dance" actually does a number on them. They arrive during the middle of the day when he isn't here. Mom has moved on from chasing them with the broom and banging tin pans out the door. Her means of getting rid of them? Driving the car across the pasture while blowing the horn. Of course, the geese look at her like she's crazy and I am sure that the neighbors are craning their necks and giggling behind their hands at the action. So far, she has been successful with her actions. Stay tuned to see what will happen next. I am sure it will be interesting come bird-feeding time.

I have been preparing for winter during this last half of summer. So far I have put up strawberry jam, cherry jam, blackberry jam, apple butter, and pear preserves. This Monday, I plan on making chow-chow and apple-thyme jelly. I will also make Concord grape jelly (if I can find Concord grapes!), orange marmalade, and banana jam. All of these goodies will be entered into the fair in October.

That's about it for now. Besides work, not much else is going on. Rain finally fell yesterday and last night. That was certainly a blessing.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: