Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mr. Perfect

I am Mr. Perfect...

At least according to my co-workers. It's hard to live up to that standard, but I do my best. At least once or twice a week, I receive the sigh, the rolling of the eyes, and the line that "everybody makes mistakes...except you".

Why? Because I expect things to be done correctly the first time? Because I expect people to make sure that all I's are dotted and all T's are crossed before submitting papers? Because I actually expect people to remember something that I have already told them, not once, but several times before? Are all of these requirements too much to ask of supposedly responsible adults that shouldn't have to have their hands held or the corners of their mouths wiped after snack time?

Well, I'm here to tell you that I'm not perfect. I do, indeed, make mistakes. However, when I do make a mistake, I try extremely hard to remember the lesson and to learn to never repeat that same mistake. After all, isn't that part of growing up and becoming a mature adult?

So...


If those habits do, indeed, make one perfect, just call me...




Mr. Perfect Extraordinaire

No comments: