Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Don't Assume

1) Don't assume that I am color blind just because I can't tell the difference between beige and taupe or coral and scarlet. Do I really need a celery shirt??

2) Don't assume that I can use a hand tool well just because I have testosterone flowing in my veins. You just might get hurt and hurt badly!

3) Don't assume that I like to watch or discuss the latest NASCAR race just because I work in the auto parts industry. I do not!

4) Don't assume that I will eat and be happy about eating JELLO cheesecake. No way, no how.

5) Don't assume that just because I am a lover of all varieties of music that I want to hear your boom-boom da da da while sitting at a stoplight. My car vibrates enough on its own.

6) Don't assume that I will beg for your help when I am as busy as a one-armed paper-hanger while you sit there feeling your butt expand. I'm not a martyr, but I won't beg you either.

7) Don't assume that I will always have patience for your shenanigans or delays.

8) Don't assume that I want to hear all about your illnesses, infections, and body aches and pains. Take a pill and be quiet, please.

9) Don't assume that I want you to call me by my first name if I don't know you. If I don't give you permission in some way, don't use it.

Do you have a "Don't Assume" list? I am not assuming that you do!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You. Are. Loony.

But that is not an assumption.