Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed In

Yes, it's true. Raleigh finally received a good amount of snow this winter. It started Friday night and lasted until Saturday morning before turning over to sleet. The snow wasn't very packable; therefore, it wasn't good for snowballs. Normally, snow in Raleigh makes for some good fights.

So during the whole weekend, I was holed up in the shelter of my humble abode. Mom and I sat and slept and watched TV and anything else we wanted to do that didn't require going outside (except to feed Brittany and Bob). Dad, being the caged animal he is, couldn't just stay inside and went to work. People were slipping and sliding all over the area these past two days. I laugh at them because they act like the world will come to an end if they have to stay in their house during bad weather. It has never bothered me one ounce! Take the time to just relax and enjoy the time to take a break from the everyday stress.

I guess work will beckon tomorrow morning. I did find out that there is a 3 hour delay but I wasn't sure if that included us in the DC. Whether it does or doesn't will not matter to me either. I will get there when I get there even if it is 3 hours late. I really don't want to end up on top of some Carolina pine tree trying to get to work to place a special order for a person that wouldn't appreciate the sacrifice I just made to get there to order his part.

I still think I have been transported to a northern state because of this winter! It makes me want to click my heels three times and say,

"There's no place like home! There's no place like home! There's no place like home!"

Unfortunately, ruby slippers don't come in my size. I wonder if the same thing could be accomplished with Skechers? Hmmm...I might have to test that theory...

1 comment:

Kellie said...

I'd like to see you doing "There's no place like home" with your ruby red skechers. lol :)