Friday, January 8, 2010

My Humor

I have often self-described my sense of humor as a little left of center. There are quite a few things that many people are hooting and hollering about that I find no humor in whatsoever, but in other things where the same people see no humor, I am giggling like a school girl.

While working today, a scene played out that epitomizes my brand of humor to a T. To some, it might not be funny because sometimes it's all about location, but allow me to replay it here.

The setup: Everyone was working except for one co-worker (Marie) who had gone to lunch. Since it was cold, she was warming soup in the kitchen. Another co-worker (Donna) went to ask her a question for a customer that was on the phone. I was feverishly ordering parts and filling out paperwork at my desk when Donna walked back into the office.

The scene:

Donna: "She's in the kitchen."

Me: "Is she with Dinah?"

Donna: "What?"

Me: "Is she with Dinah?"

Donna has a very confused look.

Me: "Who's in the kitchen?"

Donna: "Marie."

Javier (the boss): "You're confusing her, Kevin."

Me: "Is she in the kitchen with Dinah?"

Donna (light clicks on): "Uh, Kevin!"

Me (laughing): "Is she strummin' on the ol' banjo?"

I still chuckle thinking about it. It has always been a hoot for me to bring something into a conversation that is linked to the topic in some small way but really has nothing to do with it. I love to see the reactions from the people involved. Some are very confused; some shake their heads; some laugh with me (I say, those people get it!)

To end this humor-filled entry, I will share one of my favorite "pull-ins" for this time of the year. It goes something like this:

Person: "It certainly is chilly outside today."

Me: "Yes, it is! And I like mine with beans!"

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You are a goober. LOL!!!!