Saturday, November 7, 2009

Some Observations

During my vacation to CancĂșn, I made several observations that I would like to discuss. I realize that vacations are meant to be where people can relax and take a break from the daily grind, but I think most people nowadays take it a bit too far. While at Xcaret, several men and women were walking around in swimwear only. Now, I do understand that we were out in the hot sun near the beach, but some people take the beach mentality everywhere they go. There still needs to be a sense of wait! I am in public and I need to think twice about my outfit choices for the day and how I behave before one crosses the threshold into the outside world.

Dear Mr. Older Man...why did you think people would want to see you parade around in the open air restaurant in nothing but sandals and Speedo bikini briefs? And what about when I spotted you across the way during the nighttime show? We are trying to eat and enjoy a wonderful form of entertainment here! I understand we are on the beach, but next time, I would suggest a T-shirt and shorts while dining or sitting in the audience. The rest of us patrons will be able to enjoy our wonderful meal and show without that feeling of eeeeeewwwwwwww sneaking up on us when we turn in your direction. Thank you.

Dear Ms. Portly Woman...did you really think that swimsuit looked good on you? I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly, the ruffles did nothing for you. And all the extra flesh leaking out of the bottom wasn't a nice sight. Unless you are on the beach, a nice sarong or other wrap would be helpful to keep the wide-eyed "did you see that" looks down to a minimum. Thank you.

Dear Ms. Greatly-endowed Woman...the next time you go for a new swimsuit, please make sure there is some extra support and more material for the upper portion of said suit. The sight of body parts hanging down that low is definitely not something I wish to see. Thank you.

Dear Mr. Stud Muffin...yes, we can all see that you spend at least 2-3 hours a day in the gym because you have no life or interests other than your studly self. But when I am trying to enjoy the beautiful view, please don't interrupt it trying to show off all your tattoos close to places that should remain covered. Dealing with your ego is enough. Thank you.

There has always been some people that don't care what they do in public, but now it seems to be more and more people that will do anything and show everything while out and about. How I wish it wasn't so!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hmmm... sounds like some of these were worse than what we saw in Disney. lol