Monday, November 16, 2009

Forgiven and Forgotten

When I was a child, it was always hard to go to someone I had offended because I was never sure if they would forgive me. With lots of fear and trepidation, I approached the offended and nervously ask their forgiveness, waited impatiently on pins and needles for the response without looking them in the eye

Guess what?

I always received it.

It didn't matter if the offense was deliberate and intentional or unwitting and unintentional; I was always forgiven. It didn't matter if the offense was something that was under my control or out of my control; I was always forgiven.

Now if someone who is human and very flawed can forgive me of all my transgressions against them, how much better and certainly easier can it be for God who knows our hearts and minds (for He created us and knows our sin nature) to forgive all!

Isn't that the most wonderful news?? God continuously forgives us!

And even more wonderful is the fact that God forgets our sins. He even forgets sins we never knew we committed!! Wow! If only us humans were more that way! Many times with our own past failings, we continue to bring them up and dwell on our past sins and mistakes and even on some moments when choices were made for us that were really beyond our control.

How great is our God!!! He knows that we are sinners but still chooses to forgive and forget our sins and bring us into a closer relationship with Him.

I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Hmmm... so true, so true.