Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remember

Anniversaries are usually special times that are looked back on with fondness. Weddings, graduations, birthdays, special dates are all remembered when the date rolls around each year.

Today's date is different.

September 11, 2001, is burned into the collective consciousness of every American alive and old enough to understand what happened on that fateful day. Even after 9 years, every time I see the combination of 9 and 11, I flash back to that day...

Where I was.

What I was doing.

The roiling feelings coursing through my entire being as I tried to grasp what had just happened and why it had happened.

I still can't quite understand why so much hatred exists among humans other than the fact that Satan is the prince of this world and likes nothing better than to cause strife and pain and anguish.

With a tinge of sadness and lingering pain on this date, it's also a time to honor and pay tribute to those men and women who died that day. May they always be remembered for the ultimate sacrifice they paid and honored for their unselfish and self-sacrificing bravery and commitment on a very emotionally wrenching day.

No comments: