Saturday, March 6, 2010

She WILL Be The...

Next Food Network Star!

So says Mikayla this afternoon.

After several good intentions, Mikayla is finally going to supply the family with Sunday dessert. I just returned from taking her to the grocery store to get the necessary ingredients. It's a simple Apricot Ginger Parfait. But she will do it herself and she is super excited about making it. I really didn't think there would be fresh apricots in the store in March, but to my surprise, they had some.We also picked up the gingersnaps that we will need to complete the scrumptious fare. While there, we had to taste the bread samples and Mikayla also made her rounds in the produce department tasting oranges and cantaloupe.

On the way back home, she was chatting about this and that when she suddenly declared her dream for when she was older. I will recount the conversation here. It wasn't recorded and will not be verbatim but you will get the gist of it:

Mikayla: I want to be the next Food Network Star when I grow up. And then I will famous...but if I have a husband, I won't be able to spend much time with him.

Me: Why not?

Mikayla: Because I will always be on shows all the time.

Me (smirking): Well, they may not have the show when you get older.

Mikayla: I really hope they do because I want to be on it and have my own show. I really like to cook.

Oh the dreams of youth! I am going to do all I can to encourage her in this direction. It's nice for me to be able to share my love of cooking with someone. I hope that she will keep this love all her life and turn out to be a very good cook/baker. And be on the lookout! In the next 10 years or so, you may very well be hearing about Mikayla, the Next Food Network Star!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Oh my... I can so hear her say that! Let's see.... she wants to be a teacher, own a horse farm, train horses and now be the Next Food Network Star. Girlfriend is gonna be busy!! lol