Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Groomed

More and more today, I am noticing that people are looking groomed up one side and down the other. It's almost as if they have their own personal grooming station at home and don't come out until they are satisfied with their looks. Can this trend be anything but another example of humankind's burgeoning pride? People cut, gel, pluck, buff, scrub, exfoliate, preen, wax, trim, style, apply all types of lotions and potions and generally make themselves a walking perfume/cologne bottle all in the name of "did you notice how gorgeous I am today?". Why spend all that time making yourself up?

Now don't get me wrong. I am the first to admit that I take a shower every morning. I go nowhere without doing so. But I certainly don't spend hours on end in the bathroom making sure I look like a million bucks before leaving the house. In my book, simple is better.

On the other hand, there are still people out there that need some tips on how to add a few extra steps in their daily routine. One of my grooming pet peeves is men with huge, bushy eyebrows that need a good combing. They just scream, "PLUCK ME!" Or how about a woman that wears clown makeup or a hairstyle that looks like a wig whirred in a blender before she placed it on her head? It doesn't take all that much time or money to make oneself presentable for public viewing.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just all meet halfway? The over-doers tone it down a notch or two while the underachievers take it to the next level. I don't think that is too much to ask? Do you?

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Nope... not too much to ask. :)