Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Green Clunker

Today started out as a good day both weather-wise and in my outlook. Once I tried to leave, the day went south fast. My car wouldn't crank again. I tried over and over several times with no luck. Finally, Mom let me use her car to get to work so I wouldn't be late.

Unbeknown to me, she took care of matters while I was working. I was expecting to return home tonight and help Dad find out what the problem is and hoping that it would be very minor and cheaply fixable. Come to find out on the way home was that Mom had it towed to the shop. Guess what? It was the fuel pump relay again! This episode makes the fourth time I have had that relay replaced in the last 2 years. The last time was just last August or September. I am getting really tired of the repair bills adding up. If I had a had a cliff nearby, I would push it over the edge and not think twice. Wait! Lake Wheeler is close by!! Hmmmm...

When I get a little extra money, I am going to start looking hard and heavy for a new ride. It's time. I am not one of those people that are sentimental over cars, old or new. For me, they are a tool and not much more than that. So while I wait, I will be driving the Green Clunker around town. Honk if you see me!

Until next time, any suggestions for a possible ride would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

No comments: