Monday, May 4, 2009

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

My title pretty much sums up my day. I felt as if I was in one long scream from 8 AM until I left work at almost 6 PM. I knew it would be bad today because my co-worker was on his last day off, but even I was taken aback by the ferocity of the day. On Friday evening, I had tried to make sure I was caught up so I wouldn't have a mound of orders to place first thing today. I managed to succeed with that endeavor, but it didn't take long before the orders started pouring in this morning. For most of the morning, I was placing orders and answering questions with reckless abandon without getting much ahead, but by lunch time, I had the pile down to a very manageable level.

Alas, I went to lunch (a little late mind you!) and I came back to a stack of orders and questions that weighed at least 10 pounds! On top of that, I had 14 voice mails! The first order of business was to listen to all the voice mails and then work them in amongst the paper orders/questions. After a short while, I found out the answers and then distributed the papers back to the ladies and asked them to help me call the customers back. I felt like a chicken running around the yard with my head cut off. As the day wore down to it's last few minutes, I gave up trying to place all the orders and just answered the questions as best as I could. I stockpiled the orders and late questions in my in-box for tomorrow morning. At least my co-worker will be back which will be a big help! I told him before he left that he had better enjoy it now because my time for vacation is coming up soon. Then it will be pay back time! I still have a pile in my in-box for tomorrow morning, but I think that all will go more smoothly since I will have help. At least I hope so!

Until next time, have a screamless week! I certainly want one!

No comments: