Friday, April 3, 2009

Wwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Sorry for the lengthy delay in posting! I didn't realize it had been quite so long since my last post. I guess I just wasn't feeling it! hahaha

Tonight we celebrated the twins' birthday as a family. The twins had the chance to decide what they wanted to do and Mikayla won the coin toss. She chose to go eat at Sweet Tomatoes which is her favorite restaurant. After a filling meal there (I do recommend the Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup!), we returned to their house for presents-and-cake time. They opened their presents and were excited over the latest American Girl doll and tractors/plows and clothes. After a slice of cake, it was time to learn the Wii!

They had received the Wii on their official birthday from Steve and Kellie. Now, I will admit that I am not much into video games, but I have been intrigued about this one since first hearing about it. Tonight was my night to play! We, of course, had to create the Miis first! I must say that it does bare somewhat of a resemblance (if you squint hard enough and are very tired!) to me. Our first Wii game was bowling. Dad, Mom, and I played a game together. It was fun to learn how to bowl with the remote.

The most fun of the night was when Mom had her turns at bowling. For a little background here, Mom tried real-life bowling when she and Dad were first married. She made a few strikes and then started throwing gutter balls all the time. She has never picked up a bowling ball since. To see her bowling was a real treat for the family. What was the most fun of all was that she actually beat both Dad and myself! After bowling, we tried tennis. Dad, Wesley, Mikayla, and myself played couples. Let's just say that I need to practice tennis a little more because I kept losing the ball when it came my way!

I must say that I did enjoy playing Wii! I think I might have a case of the Wii-bug!

Until next time, have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

HAHHA!! :) Now you understand why we got sucked in, too, as you know I don't get into video games. It's amazing how staring at and playing with a TV will cause one to laugh. lol