Friday, April 10, 2009

Whatever!

I found out today that the bosses are considering hiring one more person to help us with the special orders. The only reason it's being considered is because of one individual. He is a whiny individual and doesn't feel that he's getting enough attention. He keeps calling in to complain that he isn't getting call backs quickly enough and it's taking to long for him to get answers.

Personally, I think we are doing a good job. We help each other out and call back the customers in a reasonable amount of time. At times it does get hectic and we feel like we're swimming in orders, but we manage to get them taken care of. What really chaps my hide is that fact that he complains all the time. The last time I had a question from him, I had to wait on a tech person from a particular company for the answer. The guy took a while to call me back and I kept the customer informed that as soon as I had his answer, I would call him back. I didn't get the answer until the next day and immediately called him. He told me not to worry about it because he had already called someone else and had the part on the way! I wanted to crawl through the phone lines and give his jaw a good, swift slap! He is one of those customers that expects instant service (something that can't always be accomplished!) and will whine and complain when he doesn't get his way.

We have received no other major complaints from anyone else. When someone does call in with a concern, we immediately try to correct the problem. I don't understand why he's the only one that can't be pleased. It seems foolish to hire another person just to take care of one man. But then again, maybe the new guy would be the one to solely deal with Mr. Whiner! That would be OK with me!!

Until next time, please keep the whining down to a low roar!

No comments: