Sunday, January 18, 2009

Help On The Way!

Well, this past week, Kansas City, MO, was added to the fray. It is now getting harder to figure out what exactly I am supposed to do because I am finding that each warehouse is not the same as Raleigh (I expected each DC to be run basically the same!). Not only am I having to learn new customers and vendor numbers, etc., I am also having to learn how the new customers expect things to be done. Many of them are not happy about such a big change. I hope they will be patient with me because I am piloting this plane and learning to fly at the same time!

Thankfully, the powers-that-be have seen my dilemma and have come to the rescue. My manager told me last week that they are looking for some help for me. I immediately thought about a person I used to work with in the store and suggested him for the position. My manager told me that he couldn't pursue him outright, but that I could talk to him. Therefore, I called him and asked him if he was interested. He definitely was! He immediately called my manager to let him know he was interested. As time progressed, other people's names came up and I had to make sure that my idea was not abandoned. I called him back and told him if he really wanted it, he would have to fight for it.

Well, as things turned out, I didn't have to worry too much. They went to talk to him Friday afternoon and as soon as the manager of his store can fill his position, he will be coming on board to help me! YEE HAA!! Now I have to rearrange my office cubicle and accommodate him. It will be tight, but I will be able to adjust. The first few days will be busy because I have to teach him and show him the ropes in addition to the regular customer service.

Brittany still hasn't shown up for the suet. I guess she doesn't need us anymore. I am a bit bummed because it was exciting to see a hawk eating from the deck. Maybe she will return one day! With all the cooler weather, the birds have been keeping close to the feeders. They don't have to search for food when it's provided in nice containers for them. It was a busy weekend in the backyard with all the consuming and flying around. I even had two Eastern Towhees (Pipilo erythophthalmus) at the same time!!

Have a blessed day!

No comments: