Monday, January 26, 2009

Help Is Here

Well, my help arrived today. It wasn't the help I was expecting, but I am still glad to see it arrive. The person I wanted to have help me changed his mind because he would have ended up taking a pay cut to come help me. Unbeknown to me, he was already working in the assistant manager position and with that pay level's bonus setup, he actually makes more than a regular "Joe" behind the counter. Since that plan fell through, the feelers were sent out again and a young man was found at another Raleigh location. He started this morning and I think he was a bit overwhelmed. But at the end of the day, I think he will be fine. He was catching on pretty quickly and I am sure that by the end of the week, he will fit right in.

Today was very busy because it was Monday and people always save up their "problems" from the weekend for Monday morning. But in addition to that normalcy, training the new guy kept me busy with an extra load. I worked late tonight and still didn't get all of the tasks done so there is a pile already waiting for me for Tuesday morning. It will soon become easier when my helper's computer and phone are set up. There will also be some rearranging of the cubicle space to accommodate him. I hope we will soon be able to get into a smooth working relationship!

This past weekend was a boom for my Project Feeder Watch data collecting. I ended up with a total of 24 species of birds seen at my feeders over the course of the weekend. The cream of the crop was when Brittany and Bob came to the suet at the same time! Yes, folks! Brittany is back!!! And this time, she bought her beau. It's easy to tell them apart when they are together because Bob is smaller (as all male hawks are). But when it's only one or the other grabbing some fat, it's not so easy to know which one it is. I am so glad that she has made a return visit. It's not everyone that has a Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus) come eat from their deck for two years in a row!

Until next time, have a blessed day!

No comments: