Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year in a Brief Glance

Wow! This entry is my last blog for the year! I can't believe I kept it up for this long! Normally, I'm not one that looks back for long periods of time analyzing where my life was and where it is now. I just try to take a day at a time and learn from each day's lesson. I think God uses that way the most for times of growth. Sometimes, it takes Him several days to get it through my thick skull!

With that being said, however, I looked back briefly on my 2008 this past week and discovered some things that I will endeavor to correct in order to grow closer to my Savior. One is using more wisdom in certain areas of my life where I have a tendency to let my heart overrule my brain. The second is that I still continue to learn to not get uptight over most things in life. God is still in control and knows exactly how the whole quilt will look in the end. No matter how much one rants, fusses, gripes, and complains, the world will continue on until our Savior returns. Nothing at all escapes God's notice.

However, some things won't change. I will still continue to spoil my niece and nephew, make sure Kellie cooks at least 2 times in one year, see to it that my parents get a break in their daily lives, and try not to go over a day without eating chocolate. I will also continue to try to educate the masses (One must prevail against the glassy-eyed stares!) one person at a time. The all-too-common indifference to the ignorance drives me insane!

Well, it's been fun to keep up with this blog. I knew I could never match the level of my verbose sister, but I will try to keep plugging a long in the new year. I want to thank everybody for reading, laughing, disagreeing, commenting, and thinking about my rants and rambles. Here's to a brand new 2009!

Have a Blessed New Year!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Glassy-eyed people???? I never knew one of those... hmmmm....

I cooked last night so now I have to start over for 2009 according to your rant there, mister. lol :)