Thursday, February 28, 2008

Tired!

I want to explain about the title for my last posting. I had meant to mention in it that I had a sneezy day but failed to do so. I was able to get control of the excess sneezing that evening, but not before exasperating all my fellow co-workers! Enough about the past....

Today was an interesting day. When I arrived to work (early, I might add!!!), I found that a particular program on my computer I use all the time would not work. I called for systems help and the first guy couldn't help me. Instead of sending me to the next level, he told me he would have someone call me. I waited a few minutes (I couldn't do anything until it was working) and answered his return call. Well, it turned out to be someone from PC help, which I didn't need. I was on the phone with this guy for over 30 minutes while he tried to figure it out. I finally put him on hold and called the guy that had helped me last time. Within a minute or two, it was working and I was able to start my day. The fun, however, didn't start till after lunch...

The guy that held the catalog room position moved to another position. Instead of filling the vacancy, the powers that be chose to make it a "part-time" position. Basically that means that those duties will be divided amongst the remaining people without a corresponding increase in wages (Not that that isn't unusual!). What that meant for me today is that I had to pass out catalog after catalog after catalog. For two hours I was throwing catalogs into totes. After that I had to finish up the accumulated work that arrived during my absence. Needless to say, some of it is waiting for tomorrow. On the bright side, when I arrived back at my desk, there were 3 Reese's mini cups waiting for me. Never had they tasted better!!

Well, I will finish this rant for today. I am glad tomorrow is Friday and I am looking forward to the warmer weather heading our way. I am ready for Spring! Have a blessed day.

2 comments:

Sal Cartusciello said...

Gee, a company cutting a position and making others do the work at no cost! What a surprise.

Glad the Reese's made up for it. They sure will cure many ills.

BTW, do you work with Mike Mizelle?

Kellie said...

Isn't that something.... adding more to your plate... What a treat.

You made me want a Reese's when you wrote that, so thanks. lol

I knew exactly what you meant by your other post title. I realize not many people understand that the way I would, though. HA!!!!!!!!!