Monday, December 27, 2010

Minnesota??

All day long, I have been clicking the heels of my ruby slippers over and over and over again while wistfully chanting "there's no place like home...there's no place like home". I feel as if I have transported to Minnesota for the month of December and I want to take Toto and return home to Auntie Em. Raleigh has received four (Yes! Four!) snowfalls this month and three out of the four fell before winter officially began!! (OK! OK! I will concede that those three were just a dusting or a smidge more, but it's still not normal for here in December.)

To top off the month, we had our first white Christmas in 63 years!!! Yes! It snowed on Christmas in Raleigh. For countless native North Carolinians, a white Christmas was just something they sang about while knowing deep down they would never experience one. Well, that all changed this past weekend. Anywhere from 6-13 inches covered Eastern North Carolina with a lovely white blanket of frozen fluff. That amount was the largest since the "Storm of the Century" back in 2000 when we received around 22 inches of snow in one night.

(Now before all you Yankees and other assorted Northerners start scoffing and laughing your heads off, I will ask you to read here first.)

I did enjoy my first, and probably last, white Christmas. It was a beautiful sight! But I am ready for the North Carolina winter that I know and love to return. And I may get my wish because it looks as if my ruby heel clicking just might be working. The weather forecast for this weekend shows the temperatures in the 60s.

All together now (complete with fist pump)...


YES!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: