Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Last Three

Epcot was the second park that we visited. It was a very neat place to visit and we spent some time looking at all the latest technology. Mikayla also volunteered to star in a "game show" about Velcro. I was a bit surprised when she volunteered and Wesley didn't volunteer at all. There were several challenges that each group had to do using Velcro. I don't think I could ever be one of the hosts. They were both a little over the top at times, but I guess that is what they do!


My favorite part is the country side. I love visiting each one and learning something about each country represented. I think my favorite ones are Mexico and China. The Chinese women acrobats were performing when we arrived at the China Pavilion and were very good. We were late in arriving and have to settle for a back seat view! After they finished, we went inside and looked at the replicas of the buried Chinese army and heard a lady play the Chinese zither. We also watched a multi-screen presentation on China that made me really want to visit that vast country. At the end of the evening, we ate at Restaurant Marrakesh which featured live belly-dancing. Wesley and Mikayla couldn't keep their eyes off the woman as she danced! I ordered the lamb shank and it was very, very good. Everybody else chickened out!

Our last visit to Epcot was Friday night when we went to the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall to dine with Cinderella and the Princesses. Mikayla was beside herself with excitement and talked Cinderella's ears off! What made my night was the fact that Wesley had done a 180 degree turn around and now wanted to have his pictures taken with the Princesses and was very excited to tell Mikayla when they were coming. The meal was fabulous and afterwards we watched the Illumination nighttime show. Spectacular!



The third park we visited was Hollywood Studios. I love that place. The Rockin' Roller Coaster is awesome and I finally rode the Tower of Terror. That was a very fun ride. Dad cracked us all up by dancing to Aerosmith's "Walk This Way"! Even a cast member was laughing while shaking her head. We were also able to draw Eeyore! I enjoyed this part the last time when I got to draw Minnie Mouse. I think my Eeyore turned out better! Maybe I can be an animator in the future!


The night time Fantasmic was awesome! All the lights, fireworks, animatronics, and special effects made for a wonderful show. Of course, we arrived a little later then we had planned and had to settle for the standing-room only section.

The last park we visited was Animal Kingdom. I was able to get a gift card for my birthday from there because I had already paid for my park entrance fee with the rest of the package. I was finally able to ride Expedition Everest! WOW! Talk about a hairy ride through the Himalayas! We also watched some of the Block Party, The Festival of the Lion King, and Finding Nemo The Musical. All were great! The evening meal was at Boma. I absolutely love that restaurant! It has so many flavors from Africa and I have a hard time deciding what to try!



We had a wonderful week at Disney and it was bittersweet when it was time to go. Our rooms were great and we lacked for nothing during our stay there. On our way out of Orlando, we visited Sea World and stopped off in Brunswick, GA for the night. I can't believe that we have already been back a week! It seems like we should still be there.

Until next time, have a magical day!

No comments: