Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom!

P is for the patience you exhibit day by day.

A is for the advice you have given along the way.

T is for the tenderness you have shown to each of us.

R is for the readiness to help anyone with little fuss.

I is for the industriousness you have always displayed.

C is for the character you refuse to masquerade.

I is for the instruction you dole out as it is needed.

A is for the abiding love you give us unimpeded.


Together, these qualities create a very unique lady. This lady is my mother and I am proud to be her son. I would not be the man I am today if it wasn’t for the long hours of work, teaching, sweat, and tears shed on my behalf.


Thank you, Mom, for always being there when I needed you and when I thought I didn’t need you. Thank you for showing me what it means to be a person of substance. Thank you for always loving me.


Happy Birthday to a most deserving lady. I hope your day is special beyond anything words can describe.


I love you.

No comments: