Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fever

You give me fever
When you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight
FEVER!
In the morning
Fever all through the night

I have been singing that chorus all day long today because I have the fever! The sun's warmth has kissed me and the gentle breezes have caressed me each day until I am burning up with Spring Fever! With these last few days of warm temperatures, I am even more waiting for spring than I was when I was driving to work through the snow. It's only a little over a month away! YEE HAA!!

With thoughts of spring, I now begin to think about the garden and what needs to be done. Dad has already begun working in it and has added lime to the soil. We will also add more compost/manure before planting. As always, I am excited about the possibilities that may happen this growing season. I am hoping that we will be able to get the trellis set up properly this year so that we can grow more varieties of squash and cucumbers. I pore over each new seed catalog that comes my way to find anything that might be worth considering for the garden. Since I have limited space, I have to rein in my desires!

Come, Spring, come! Warm the soil with your gaze and moisten it with your tears. I am waiting your arrival!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

You are killing me. We have a song for everything. LOL