Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Frankly Frank

There are some people in life who just do not pay attention whatsoever. I have shared this same theme before, but today was just the breaking point for me in one certain area.

Today, I had two, yes TWO!, people call me "Frank".

Why? you may ask...

I have no idea.

Yes, my last name is "Franks", but when my name is clearly displayed on a name badge on my desk or in my email signature or is distinctly stated on my voice mail or when co-workers and friends properly enunciate K-E-V-I-N near the person, why do people still call me "Frank"?

Is there a logical reason for such utter lack of attention?

Should I start calling them "Jones" or "Smith" or "Whitaker"? We are certainly not in the military nor on a sports team.

What will it take to make them grasp the concept of my proper given name? A sharp look? A swift kick in the rear? A quick reply?

Maybe...but what do I end up doing? Just mumbling "hey" as I pass by.

So much for my intense desire to correct their continuing error.

Or maybe, deep down, I realize that some people just can't be helped.

SIGH

No comments: