Friday, September 25, 2009

PO'D

Today was the grand debuting of the new special order PO system!!! The one that has been the cause of many questions, meetings, conference calls, emails, etc. for the past few months finally made a grand entrance into my work life.

So with much trepidation and some resignation to a fate chained to my desk while waiting for the PO to appear, I marched into the office ready to muddle through the day (definitely not conquer!) only to find out that my co-worker had a family emergency and wouldn't be in today.

What??? I will do this alone on the first day???? How will I survive? What if I just collapse into a big pile of quavering gelatin and all the orders will be covered in a cherry-flavored treat? What will happen when I get so behind, I will have started the week over?? Will I be yelled at all day by irate customers demanding answers to 6-hour old questions???

How did it go?? you ask.

Fairly smooth. No major bumps or hurdles.

Darn!

So much for wishing it would collapse under the weight of itself and land in a giant heap of broken dreams and spent cash. (That was my dream so we could continue the "old" system!) There are still some minor problems. We will see how it will really work when all 11 DCs will be on the new system and we are knee-deep to a giraffe's rear end with special orders come busy season.

Updates are sure to come!

Until then, have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

LOL.... you make me laugh. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been... or, maybe I should be!